Activities to do in the Tarn
To better prepare your vacation at camping in the Tarn, choose the activity of your choice among all those offered by the region! Sports and leisure activities for young and old: the Tarn conceals an extraordinary variety of sites and landscapes conducive to outdoor activities.
You will find below some ideas of leisure and sports activities that will delight the family, from the youngest to the oldest, to live the full experience of your vacations in this beautiful region that is the Tarn.
- Hike, bike, horse or donkey rides
- Hot Springs Area
- The nature reserve of Cambounet-sur-le-Sor and the base of the ponds of Saïx
- The discovery trail "in the footsteps of the wild child"
- The Lake of the Montagnès
- Mazamet's suspended footbridge
- The Exoticamis zoological space in Terre-de-Bacaliè
- The Waterfalls of Arifat
Sports activities in the Tarn
The Tarn is the ideal place to practice many outdoor activities, on foot with its 180 kilometers of hiking trails that the territory offers; on bike since the center Tarn is a labeled mountain bike area, more than 800 kilometers divided into two geographical sectors to discover strong class="bold color1">remarkable viewpoints; on horseback to discover the Tarn with its 800 kilometers of marked and recognized itineraries accessible to riders.
Using your smartphone or GPS, you can also practice geocaching trails. Download the logbooks on their website.
But the Tarn is also :
- canoeing and kayaking
- water sports
- the via Ferrata
Activities for children
You will easily find something to occupy the children.
In the heart of a wild nature, discover a wildlife park "tarnais" truer than reality, which works for the safeguard of its species! Many animals have found refuge in Terre-Clapier where Cédric and Elodie have created a zoological park open to the public since 2016. Most of the animals were entrusted to them following seizures, abandonments or placements. Passionate professionals at the service of Nature and of those who want to know it in order to better protect it.
Pour vous baigner en toute sécurité, Cap’Découverte est un espace de loisirs et une plage gratuite au cœur d’un environnement préservé. La plupart des activités sont gratuites. Plus d’informations sur : www.capdecouverte.com.
Take your children and rediscover your childlike soul on the rocks of Sidobre. Up in the mountain, children and adults discover small and gigantic rocks, as if scattered by the hand of a giant! A lot of fun during walks or mountain bike rides. Free visit all year long.
You can also challenge the void on the bridge of Mazamet.
Go back a few centuries and play the knight in the fortress of Penne.
Take your children to the House of Wood and Toys. It is nestled in the heart of the forest of the Montagne Noire and celebrates wood from the tree to the toy.
Take the height with the courses perched in the trees, zip line, bungee jumping, at the Adventure park of Saint Pierre de Trivisy.
Follow in the footsteps of the wild child on the trail of the wild child: in 1798, hunters found in the woods of the Bassine, a wild child of a dozen years.
The top of the forest walks :
- The Sivens trail (easy 1H to 1H30 - 70 meters elevation gain), starting in Lisle-sur-Tarn, travels through this forest of over 600 hectares.
- The Sérénac Forest Trail (very easy 1H40 - 60 meters elevation gain): in the north of the Tarn, between Albi and Ambialet, the Sérénac forest is the former production forest for the coal mines and the Carmaux glass factory. A nice 5 kilometers loop starting from Sérénac in the Ségala.
- Malefayère (Medium 3H - 490 meters of ascent) : From Gijounet in the Monts de Lacaune, no crops, no houses but a forest of hardwoods and conifers as far as the eye can see.
- The Monteliote walk (Difficult 4H - 500 meters of ascent) : Starting from Montélarié, on the lands of the Regional Natural Park of the Haut Languedoc. Discover the Haut-Agout during 13 kilometers.
The top of the waterfront walks :
- The Andouquette hiking trail (Easy 3H - 287 meters of elevation gain) : Starting from Crespin, the view embraces the horizon up to the Albigensian plain, we follow the Andouquette stream. A walk of 8 kilometers between meadows and green groves.
- The lake trail (Easy 2H30 - 70 meters of elevation gain) : On the commune of Saint Antonin de Lacalm, the Bancalié lake is surrounded by puechs, rounded domes. The 10 kilometers loop around the lake, passes through woods, hills and meadows.
- The three lakes path (Easy 2H30 - 220 meters of ascent) : Near the Nabeillou lake, starting from Graulhet, a beautiful walk in the middle of the fauna and flora. On the way, during 7,5 kilometers, the panoramas on the countryside of Graulhet follow one another between waters and forests.
- The Birds' path(Easy 2H30 - 45 meters difference in altitude) : Starting from Saïx, leisure activities and ornithological reserve are combined. During the 5,6 kilometers walk, you can watch the birds from the observatories.
The Tarn knows how to entertain you! Dare to visit the museums. For more information: musees-departementaux.tarn.fr
- Sorèze: follow in the footsteps of the famous Benedictine monk Dom Robert, a master of Aubusson tapestry.
The hiking trail, the Abbey-school, the Dom Robert and Saint Féréol museum will take you to a world where nature becomes art and beauty is very enriching.
- Château-musée du Cayla in Andillac: le Cayla is a writers' house where literary landscape and natural landscape are combined.
- Saut du Tarn Museum in Saint Juéry: relive the adventure of the steel industry from the 19th to the 20th centuries.
- Musée de la Mine à Cagnac-les-Mines : Dive into the heart of the history of coal, come to the museum to share the daily life of a coal miner.
- Textile museum in Labastide-Rouairoux : here, we tell you a story, that of a textile fiber, from raw material to finished product.
- Toulouse-Lautrec Museum to visit in Albi, and enjoy the gardens of the Palais de la Berbie. This museum is housed in the magnificent Palais de la Berbie, former residence of the bishops in the 13th century, which houses the most important public collection of the artist in the world.
- The planetarium observatory: the Tarn center is lucky to have a planetarium observatory. A place rich in discoveries and experiences. From nightly strolls under the stars to observing our stars, it is also fortunate to have the oldest observatory in France.
- Museum "The dream of the past" in Réalmon: a real trip back in time, a place full of anecdotes, stories and exceptional collections. Agricultural machines, automatons and unusual objects, come and discover and guess their utility !
- The Goya Museum in Castres, a hispanic art museum unique in France, presents creation in Spain from antiquity to the 20th century. Located in a former episcopal palace of classical architecture from the 17th century.
- Copper Museum in Durfort which retraces the history of the craft village of Durfort through an exhibition of two videos on copper work.
- Giroussens Ceramic Center: a house dedicated to ceramics and contemporary pottery, to ceramists, potters craftsmen creators in the Midi-Pyrénées.
- House of Leather Trades in Graulhet. Installed in a former leather factory on the banks of the Dadou, the Maison des Métiers du cuir is dedicated to the trades of the leather industry..
Toulouse-Lautrec museum to visit in Albi, and enjoy the gardens of the Palais de la Berbie. This museum is housed in the magnificent Palais de la Berbie, the former residence of the bishops in the 13th century, which receives the most important public collection in the world of the artist.Museum "The dream of the past" in Réalmon: a real trip back in time, a place full of anecdotes, stories and exceptional collections. Agricultural machines, automatons and unusual objects, come and discover and guess their utility.